Accounting and finance professionals will get the chance to hear first-hand from HMRC on the latest in tax and compliance at a major conference and exhibition in Coventry.
AccountingWEB Live Expo Conference is a new two-day event at Coventry Building Society Arena designed for accountants and finance professionals to meet, share, learn and do business at a large-scale exhibition and conference.
The conference programme, created by the team behind AccountingWEB to meet the needs of busy accounting professionals, will include 60 conference sessions across seven theatres from Wednesday, December 1 to Thursday, December 2.
The bedrock of the conference programme will drill into the latest in tax and compliance changes.
Expert speakers from leading associations such as ACCA and ICAEW will feature alongside independent experts, giving attendees a CPD-accredited programme to help prepare them for January 2022’s self-assessment season.
Sessions dedicated to the ramifications of the Chancellor’s recent Autumn Budget will ensure accountants are fully up-to-speed with the latest technical tax changes.
There will also be two theatres packed with workshops featuring leading software vendors showing their latest products and how they’ve changed to meet the new digital requirements of HMRC – with speakers including Jim Harra, HMRC First Secretary and Chief Executive, and Giles McCallum, HMRC Head of Making Tax Digital.
The programme will also feature keynote speakers, panels and debates addressing the challenges currently facing the accounting profession. There will be sessions dedicated to diversity and inclusivity, with practical lessons showing firms how they can retool their businesses to attract the new Gen Z workforce.
The content programme runs alongside an 80 strong supplier showcase of the UK’s best accounting services suppliers and tech providers ready to help accounting professionals streamline business.
The impact of Covid-19 means this will be one of the first opportunities many will have to research, benchmark, view product demos and buy services face to face all with a view to improving business for 2022 and beyond.
Mike Goldsmith, Event Content Director (Global) for AccountingWEB, said: “AccountingWEB Live Expo’s conference programme is designed to meet the needs of the modern accountant.
“Whether they need buying advice, tax expertise or business inspiration, there’s something here for everyone. With new speakers and fun sessions still being added, this is an exhibition intended to educate and entertain.”
The expo will also reveal the new AccountingWEB Class of 2021 – a selection of new start-up firms entering the workspace for the first time.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Rebecca Benneyworth MBE, Paul Aplin OBE, Anita Monteith, Kate Upcraft, Peter Rayney and Bill Dodwell on technical, MTD, business and personal tax plus the effects of the Autumn Budget.
- HMRC Head of MTD (Making Tax Digital) Giles McCallum will be interviewed by ACCA’s Glenn Collins, with HMRC First Secretary and Chief Executive Jim Harra featured on a discussion panel hosted by Rebecca Benneyworth MBE.
- Incoming ICAEW president Julia Penny alongside Jason Croke and Steve Collings on the latest in financial reporting.
- Tech experts Stuart Hurst, Sharon Pocock, Alex Huerta Falcon and Aynsley Damery on automation, apps and how tech can help your firm today.
- Leading business and accounting coaches offering expert tips and advice including BOSS IT! author Carl Reader, Reza Hooda, Heather Townsend and Della Hudson.
- Accounting innovators Dave Sellick, Nathan Keeley (Practice Pioneer, Accounting Excellence Awards 2020), Bobby Lane and Nick Levine on the latest trends and movements in tech innovation, open banking and fintech.
- Lucy Cohen (AccountingWEB Outstanding Contribution award winner for 2021), Lianne Weaver and Emma Chesson on the challenges around team management, wellbeing in the workplace and the staffing needs of the modern firm.
- Industry influencers Alastair Barlow, Nikki & Nigel Adams (Joint Practice Pioneer, Accounting Excellence Awards 2020), The Bookkeepers’ Podcast’s Zoe Whitman and Yogesh Patel on the future for the modern accounting firm, from the shift to online advisory and the need for flexible working to the drive for sustainability and diversity.
- Such respected accountants in practice as Haines Watts’ Riaz Kela, Glenn Martin, Keith Lesser, Robert Stell, David Winch, Joe David and Ria-Jaine Lincoln will be sharing their stories and experiences.
AccountingWEB Live Expo is free to attend and visitors can register to attend at www.accountingwebliveexpo.co.uk