Job Title: Venue Health & Safety Manager
Reports To: Head of Venue Services
Responsible for: N/A
Location: Coventry Building Society Arena
Term: Permanent / Full Time
- Provide up to date health and safety advice across the business
- To lead on the Venue Health & Safety strategy
- Develop and promote health and safety awareness and responsibilities throughout the company.
- Monitor, audit and ensure safe working practices of all staff and sub-contractors.
- Responsible for the coordination of risk assessment activities including record keeping. Analysis of risk assessment, near miss and accident data to presenting to the senior management team. Develop long-term strategies to reduce accidents that are data-driven. Identify, develop, and maintain company health and safety management systems, training programs, and procedures in line with all current legislation.
- Design and develop written health and safety procedures. Monitor, revise, and implement ongoing updates in safety regulations, laws, or reporting requirements. Provide technical safety and health support and information to all employees.
- Investigate accidents to include gathering all documentation in line with Company policies, compiling all documentation relating to any insurance claims made against the company, and liaising with insurance companies, solicitors, and other related organisations in pursuit of insurance claims.
- Develop and deliver safety training programs to reduce workplace accidents and incidents including assessment of such training activities. Administer mandatory safety training and ensure all newly hired employees, agency employees, contractors, visitors have received proper training and induction.
- Ensuring the venue is compliant with current Government guidance and all relevant regulating bodies regarding
- Ensure regular Health and Safety meetings are held and documented
- Overall responsibility for the Coventry Building Society Arena and Henley in Arden training ground Health and Safety.
- Management of Safety Media (online eLearning site)
- other reasonable duties as requested by the Head of Venue Services
The Successful Candidate
Education / qualifications:
- Graduate in Health and Safety or equivalent
- NEBOSH General Certificate
Skills, abilities, and experience:
- 3- 5 years’ experience of managing health and safety in other public spaces
- Experience of conducting audits across several areas
- Good communicator
- Ability to manage multiple projects across several areas
- A comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of health, safety, and risk management
- Extensive knowledge of current health and safety legislation, management, and standards
- Experience in managing external contractors and government agencies
Hours of work:
This role is 35 hours per week, with a 1-hour unpaid break per day. The role will include some weekend working based on a five in seven working week in line with the wider team.
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Wednesday 18th May 2022