Security Services, Operations Department
Venue Security Manager
Permanent / Full time
Rotating Shift Pattern all year round
About the role
An exciting opportunity is available for several Security Officers to join a new security services department at Coventry Building Society Arena. You will need to hold SIA Licensed Door Supervisor and CCTV Operatives qualifications
The purpose of the security team is to provide a highly visible, efficient, friendly, proactive, and responsive security service to the Venue. You will be working as part of a larger operations team to create a safe and secure venue for all staff, contractors, clients, visitors, members of the public, and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team. The main areas of responsibility are:
- Maintain the security of the venue providing a highly visible, efficient, proactive, and responsive security service to all persons associated with the venue and delivering this service in accordance with agreed instructions, policies, and procedures as well as dealing with emergencies as they arise.
- To check on working practices, crime prevention and advise accordingly to ensure the security and safety of internal staff and contractors as well as external clients, visitors, and members of the public.
- To respond to calls for assistance across the venue and where necessary deal with intruders, crime, and disorder.
The post holder will not be part of the match or events security team on the ground, you may be expected to help and support operations of the venue whilst these are taking place on the direction of management.
Principal Duties and Role Responsibility
The post holder will operate on a day-to-day basis as part of a small team, with minimum supervision from the Venue Security Manager. It is expected that the post holder will plan and prioritise tasks received from the Venue Security Manager. The expectation is that tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and according to priority. This will require the post holder to demonstrate initiative in the arrangement of their immediate work priorities, including successfully managing any conflicting demands in request priorities, possessing a basic awareness of the options available, and being able to make effective and appropriate decisions in order to ensure the security, safety, and welfare of those within the venue.
The post holder is responsible for ensuring compliance with health and safety procedures and accurately record incident logs.
The role will impact all staff members, contractors, customers, tenants, and members of the public as the post holder is responsible for ensuring the security and safety of venue premises and their contents at all times.
The successful candidates will possess strong communication skills and will act with tact and diplomacy at all times. However, the post holder is not responsible for the supervision of other members of the team and does not hold budget responsibility.
Security Operations Responsibilities:
- To assist in the protection of venue property and community against crimes, trespass, and nuisance.
- To be conversant and compliant with site rules always, escalating issues or non-compliances accurately and in line with set procedures and protocols.
- To work collaboratively alongside front-of-house staff, and all other subcontractors to provide a high standard of customer service.
- To patrol the grounds and lock and unlock the building, as required, and keep an accurate record of areas accessed.
- To be the first response for emergency action, including but not limited to first aid calls, fire alarm activations, violence and/or aggression, and security alerts.
- To hold keys and issue to authorised users, maintaining a register of keys and access cards for this purpose.
- To report and investigate any acts or omissions that may compromise health and safety immediately to the Venue Security Manager or Health and Safety Manager and report all accidents according to the venue procedure.
Control Room Responsibilities:
To work in the control room undertaking a range of duties including:
- To accurately maintain the fire log by completing Fire/Fire Alarm Activation reports.
- To assume the role of Incident Controller until the Venue Security Manager or nominee arrives.
- To monitor and burn CCTV footage as required under the direction of the Policies and Procedures Manual.
- To complete and maintain the control room log
- To complete written incident reports and statements as required and to maintain a record of events during an incident
- To coordinate the distribution of staff during an evacuation.
- To coordinate the logging and storage of high-value lost property.
- To deal with fire system isolations and reactivations, after receiving correct permits.
- To dispatch initial first aid response.
- To efficiently respond to alarms on the access control system and dispatch officers in response to case alarms.
- Ensure all visitors are signed in and out of the control room.
- To ensure issuing of keys, radios, and equipment are issued as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
The successful candidate will:
- Possess outstanding communication skills and the ability to handle sensitive situations in a confidential manner.
- Will be comfortable writing and delivering reports.
- Enjoy working with colleagues, clients, contractors, and visitors.
- Have experience in dealing with emergency situations.
- Previous security experience of 3 years within a similar security environment ideally within the entertainment/leisure industry would be preferred.
- A good standard of computer literacy (including MS Office applications: email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Educated to GCSE level or above – (including English & Maths)
- Experience in the correct use of security technology (integrated CCTV & alarms)
- Fire safety awareness (or be willing to complete)
- First Aid at Work Certificate with AED (or be willing to complete)
- Must hold a valid SIA Door Supervision and CCTV license
Hours of work
This role is 48 hours per week, with a 1-hour break per day. The role will be on a rotating shift pattern covering 24 hours a day, 365 days a per year, and will include public holidays and weekends. There will be a need for flexibility to work outside these hours due to the nature of the role and willingness to work additional hours as overtime to cover absences and sickness if required.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary.
- 28 days annual leave including Bank holidays.
- A range of other benefits including; life assurance, discounts available in the Wasps retail store and in the Mill and Bakery.
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing Date 31.07.21