Matchday Support Officers (SIA Operatives) – Casual
Primary Job Role:
At Coventry Building Society Arena, everyone's safety is of paramount importance. Whilst working as a Support Officer your primary role is to control entry and to maintain order inside the Arena’s premises.
As a Support Officer, you must be licensed as a Door Supervisor by the regulatory body for the UK security industry, the Security Industry Authority (SIA).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend pre and post-match briefings to sign in/out and determine duties.
- Support Officers must take their duties seriously - never be complacent, the safety of spectators is paramount. You will be expected to enforce the Ground Regulations.
- To undertake routine checks of all designated areas searching effectively, ensuring that no prohibited items are taken into the Arena.
- Control access to restricted and prohibited areas by unauthorised staff or members of the public.
- Work in designated teams to achieve
- Act fairly and not discriminate against anyone.
Skills & Experience:
- Holds a current SIA Licence – in Door Supervision (essential)
- Be presentable, have excellent communication skills, and be customer-focused (essential)
- Have the skills to manage conflict situations whilst being friendly and polite (essential)
- Previous SIA experience (essential)
- Be able to demonstrate self-discipline
- Excellent attention to detail and be alert to any changes that may indicate an increased security risk or unusual situation
- Able to speak and understand English (essential)
- Hold a Level 2 NVQ (or higher) in Spectator Safety (Desirable) If you do not hold this qualification currently, we will enroll you with a local provider.
- Good knowledge of the events industry is (Desirable).
- Must be over the age of 18 years old to apply
- Induction Training day TBC
- First available match TBC
All interviews will follow current COVID-19 Regulations and guidance.
Please note this role is as a casual worker and has no set working hours or schedule and no mutuality of obligation.