Matchday Steward - Casual
Expected start date: TBC
Primary Job Role:
At Coventry Building Society Arena everybody’s safety is of paramount importance. Whilst working as a steward, it is your job to monitor your surroundings and feedback any concerns to event control.
There are a variety of roles available as a steward, these include, Turnstile Operators, Exit Gate Stewards, Stand Stewards, Perimeter Stewards, etc. Every role is essential and key to the smooth and safe running of matchdays and events. A steward is the first point of contact for a member of the public and should be courteous to all guests, whilst greeting and assisting with any queries/requests that they may have and ensuring all visitors have an enjoyable experience, in a safe environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attend pre and post-match briefings to sign in/out and determine duties
- Stewards must take their duties seriously - never be complacent. The safety of spectators is paramount. Stewards will be expected to enforce the Ground Regulations
- A steward must not allow any individual/groups to enter the ground without a valid ticket.
- To ensure that no prohibited items are taken into the Arena
Skills & Experience:
- Be presentable, have excellent communication skills, and be customer-focused (essential)
- Have the skills to manage conflict situations while being friendly and polite (essential)
- Be able to demonstrate self-discipline
- Excellent attention to detail and be alert to any changes that may indicate an increased security risk or unusual situation
- Able to speak and understand English (essential)
- Hold a Level 2 NVQ (or higher) in Spectator Safety (desirable). If you do not hold this qualification currently, we will enroll you with a local provider
- Good knowledge of the events industry is (desirable)
- Must be over the age of 18 years to apply
All interviews will follow current COVID-19 regulations and guidance
Please note this role is as a casual worker and has no set working hours or schedule and no mutuality of obligation