Junior Grounds Person
Wasps Elite Performance & Innovation Centre, Henley in Arden. Ability to work at Coventry Building Society Arena, Coventry on occasions.
42.5 hours per week / full time / Five days in seven
Permanent Full Time
As soon as possible
Coventry Building Society Arena has an exciting new opportunity for a Junior Grounds Person to join the Grounds team at Coventry Building Society Arena. Under the direction of the Grounds Manager, the Junior Grounds Person will assist with grounds maintenance tasks including, but not limited to landscaping, general pitch maintenance for both rugby and football matches.
Under the direction of the Grounds Manager:
- Preparation of surface areas at both sites in Coventry and Henley in Arden, through regular maintenance, to include, but not limited to, line marking, repair and restoration of the pitch, mowing of the pitches and preparation and maintenance of all off-field areas.
- Ability to safely use, maintain and clean down a variety of equipment to carry out the role
- Support the team in pre-season preparations and end of season renovation for both football and rugby
- Work throughout all seasons adapting to the elements and seasonal changes
- Carrying out other tasks such as strimming and hedge cutting where required
- Understand and support the process for pest and disease treatments through fertilisation programmes to ensure the pitch is maintained to a high standard
- Provide match day support to the wider department pre, during and post-match
- Any other duties deemed reasonable for the role
The right candidate:
- Well organised and able to multi-task to achieve tight deadlines
- A flexible approach to working hours with a “can do” attitude
- The desire to achieve high standards and take pride in their work
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Honest and reliable
- Works well as part of a team
- A relevant Level 2 NVQ or higher in sports turf
- Proven experience with the sports turf industry
- An understanding of relevant health and safety practices
- Full clean UK driving licence (towing licence would be an advantage).
- PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates would be an advantage
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- 28 days annual leave including Bank holidays increasing per year of service up to 33 inc. Bank Holidays after 5 years’ service.
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Death in Service Benefit*
- Alpha Rewards Scheme*
*following successful probation period
How to apply:
Please send a covering letter and CV to recruitment@CBSarena.co.uk
Closing date for applications:
7th September 2021