Job Title: Grounds Person
Reports To: Grounds Manager
Direct Report: None
Location: Coventry Building Society Arena. Ability to work at Wasps Elite Performance & Innovation Centre, Henley in Arden on occasions.
Working Pattern: 40 hours per week (30 minutes unpaid lunch each day)/full time/five days in seven working around major event days.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Start: As soon as possible
Coventry Building Society Arena has an exciting new opportunity for a Grounds Person to join the Wasps Grounds Team.
Under the direction of the Grounds Manager, the Grounds Person will assist with grounds maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, landscaping, general pitch maintenance for both rugby and football matches.
Under the direction of the Grounds Manager:
- Preparation of surface areas at both sites in Coventry and Henley in Arden, through regular maintenance to include, but not limited to, line marking for football and rugby, repair and restoration of the pitch, (including divots, hole filling, etc.), fertilising, spraying, mowing of the pitches and preparation and maintenance of all off-field areas.
- Ability to safely use, maintain and clean down a variety of equipment to carry out the role, washing down machines.
- Kit maintenance.
- Moving pitch lighting rigs (6 large rigs)
- Support the team in pre-season preparations and end of season renovation for both football and rugby.
- Work throughout all seasons adapting to the elements and seasonal changes.
- Carrying out other tasks such as strimming and hedge cutting where required.
- Understand and support the process for pest and disease treatments through fertilisation programmes to ensure the pitch is maintained to a high standard.
- Provide match day support to the wider department pre, during and post-match.
- Any other duties as directed by the Grounds Manager and in line with the level of the role.
The Right Candidate:
- Well organised and able to multi-task to achieve tight deadlines
- A flexible approach to working hours with a ‘can do’ attitude
- The desire to achieve high standards and take pride in their work
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Honest and reliable
- Works well as part of a team
- This is a physically demanding role.
- Hold a relevant Level 2 NVQ or higher in Sports Turf
- An understanding of relevant health and safety practices
- Full, clean UK driving licence (towing licence would be an advantage)
- Stadium Pitch experience
- PA1, PA2 and PA6 spraying certificates would be an advantage.
What’s On Offer?
- Salary up to £25,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience
- 28 days annual leave which included bank holidays, increasing per year of service to a maximum of 33 days including bank holidays after service of 5 years.
- Auto-enrolment pension scheme
- *Death in Service Benefit
- *Alpha Rewards Scheme
*on completion of successful probation period.
How To Apply:
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 18th May 22
Applicants will be reviewed at the time of application and the Company reserve the right to close the application process at any time.