Job Title: Facilities Electrician
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Term: Permanent / Full Time
About the role
- To undertake skilled electrical and mechanical tasks, installation work, and general maintenance work to company facilities and equipment
- To understand and maintain the facility’s electrical and mechanical services, BMS, fire alarm, air conditioning systems, cooling plant, heating, and ventilation systems
- Work as part of a team to undertake general building maintenance
- Support the team in undertaking water management testing and inspections in accordance with current regulations and record findings
- Support and advise the Facilities Manager on new electrical and mechanical designs and improvements to facilities to enhance the quality and efficiency of the service provided
- Support the Facilities Manager in liaising with managers, contractors, and other agencies in connection with exhibitions, designs, displays, events to include security improvements or other specialised building and construction work
- Maintain awareness and adheres to current good working practices that conform to health and safety regulations and legislation
- Advises the Facilities Manager or other managers of incidents or readings, which may indicate serious existing or potential problems so an informed judgment can be made
- Carry out pre-match and post-match checks for all rugby and football matches or major events to all designated areas as determined by the Head of Facilities or Facilities Manager
- To understand and operate the building management systems responding to temperature requests and climate adjustments. Training will be provided
- Available on a voluntary call-out basis to cover any urgent electrical/mechanical issues at the venue or training ground
- Be part of an on-call rota to cover the onsite casino tenant on 1 out of 4 weekends (this does not include the weekend working for events)
The Successful Candidate
Education / Qualifications:
- The candidates should be time served or skilled in electrical and mechanical engineering
- Possess a City and Guilds qualification parts 1 & 2. 236 or equivalent training
- Electrical Qualified 18th Edition regulations or above - Essential
The candidate must have practical experience working in large commercial buildings, exhibition halls, multi-functional facilities, hotels, or similar - Essential
Skills and abilities:
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- To drive and possess a full clean driving license
- Ability to work as part of a multi-skilled team and meet deadlines
- A flexible approach to work and types of work to be undertaken
- Must be physically fit and be prepared to work at height
- To have adequate communication skills both verbal and written
- Complete work administration sheets and operate a handheld PDA to receive and sign off tasks
- Deal with tenants, customers, staff, and colleagues courteously and professionally
- It would be an advantage of having a qualification or experience on HVAC
- Awareness of relevant building regulations and codes of practice.
- Must have a flexible approach and a willingness to train and be developed to meet the department’s future needs
- Awareness of and a commitment to health and safety and its legal requirements.
Hours of work:
This is a full-time role of 35 hours per week with a one-hour unpaid lunch break, working 5 out of 7 days. The flexibility to work outside normal office hours and cover event days both match and non-match days where required is essential which will include weekends and public holidays.
There is also a requirement to be part of the out-of-hours call-out rota for the casino tenant for 1 week in any 5.
Shifts will depend on events and day-to-day operation but maybe early mornings or late nights.
What’s on offer?
- A competitive salary
- 28 days annual leave (pro-rata) including Bank holidays
- A range of other benefits including; death in service insurance* & Alpha Reward Discount scheme and EAP.
*following probation period
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31st July 2021