Job Title: Facilities Electrician
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Term: Permanent / Full Time
About the role
We are looking for a qualified electrician, preferably with an event/exhibition background to join our Facilities department to work across the company sites but more specifically to cover the electrical requirements of our events held at Coventry Building Society Arena. To service, maintain, and repair all electrical and mechanical services, plant and equipment to a recognised safe standard to all Coventry Building Society Arena facilities in order that the organisation operates effectively and efficiently
Key Areas of Responsibility
• To liaise with the Facilities Manager and Event Management Department in customer event electrical requirements
• Pull through all required electrical requirements for exhibitions, conferences and concerts in line with the company policy
• Ensure all company event electrical equipment is compliant and safe to use and is kept in a tidy manner
• To undertake in-house training and inductions as directed by the Head of Facilities or Facilities Manager.
• Work with the Facilities Manager in implementing a planned preventative maintenance programme.
• To undertake skilled electrical and mechanical tasks, installation work and general maintenance work to Company facilities and equipment.
• To work flexibly as part of a team and assist all other departments when necessary to enable the venue to operate effectively.
• To understand and maintain the facility’s electrical and mechanical services, BMS, fire alarm, air conditioning systems, cooling plant, heating, and ventilation systems.
• Work as part of a team to undertake general building maintenance
• Support the team in undertaking water management testing and inspections in accordance with current regulations and record findings.
• Supports and advises the Facilities Manager of new electrical and mechanical designs and improvements to facilities to improve the quality and efficiency of the service provided.
• Supports the Facilities Manager in liaising with Managers, contractors and other agencies in connection with Exhibitions, designs, displays, events to include security improvements or other specialised building and construction work.
• Maintains awareness and adheres to current good working practices that conform to health and safety regulations and legislation.
• Advises the Facilities Manager or other Managers of incidents or readings, which may indicate serious existing or potential problems so an informed judgment can be made.
• Carry out pre-match and post-match checks for all Rugby and Football Matches or major events to all designated areas as determined by the Head of Facilities or Facilities Manager
• To understand and operate the building management systems responding to temperature requests and climate adjustments. Training will be provided.
• Available on a voluntary call out basis to cover any urgent electrical / mechanical issues at the venue or training ground
• Be part of an on-call rota to cover the onsite casino tenant on 1 out of 4 weekends (this does not include the weekend working for events)
The Successful Candidate
Education / qualifications:
• The candidates should be time served or skilled in electrical and mechanical engineering.
• Possess a City and Guilds qualification parts 1 & 2. 236 or equivalent training.
• Electrical Qualified 18th Edition regulations or above (Essential)
The candidate must have practical experience working in large commercial buildings, exhibition halls, multi-functional facilities, hotels or similar – Essential
Skills and abilities:
• Be able to work on their own initiative.
• To drive and possess a full clean driving license.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-skilled team and meet deadlines.
• A flexible approach to work and types of work to be undertaken.
• Must be physically fit and be prepared to work at height.
• To have adequate communication skills both verbal and written
• Complete work administration sheets and operate a handheld PDA to receive and sign off tasks.
• Deal with tenants, customers, staff, and colleagues courteously and professionally.
• It would be an advantage of having a qualification or experience on HVAC
• Awareness of relevant Building Regulations and codes of practice.
• Must have a flexible approach and a willingness to train and be developed to meet the department’s future needs.
• Awareness of and a commitment to health and safety and its legal requirements
Hours of work:
This is a full-time role of 35 hours per week with a one-hour unpaid lunch break, working 5 out of 7 days. The flexibility to work outside normal office hours and cover event days both match and non-match days where required is essential which will include weekends and public holidays.
There is also a requirement to be part of the out-of-hours call-out rota for the casino tenant for 1 week in any 5.
Shifts will depend on events and day-to-day operation but maybe an early morning or late nights.
What’s on offer?
• A competitive Salary
• 28 days annual leave (pro-rata) including Bank holidays
• A range of other benefits including Death in Service insurance* and Alpha Reward Discount scheme and EAP.
*following successful completion of probation period
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to recruitment@CBSarena.co.uk
Closing Date: 15th October 2021