Job Title: Event / Matchday Supervisors
Location: Coventry Building Society Arena
Reporting to: Event / Matchday Manager
Hours of work: Casual
Closing Date: Ongoing
Coventry Building Society Arena is looking to recruit casual Event / Matchday Supervisor to work within our events Operations Department here at Coventry Building Society Arena.
Reporting to the Event / Matchday Manager the successful candidates will take an active role to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, the safety of everyone attending events at Coventry Building Society Arena, in accordance with the safety certificate terms and conditions and Arena Coventry Limited Policy Statement of Safety.
Responsibilities of the role:
Match / Concert Events
- Commence duties at the time stipulated by the Safety Officer or Staffing Officer. Equip yourself with your jacket, personal radio and attend the supervisor's briefing
- Check all your stewards are present, and that they're wearing the correct uniform and smart in appearance
- Report your staffing numbers and readiness to event control at the required time
- Ensure that all stewards are in possession of the Safety Handbook and have the necessary equipment for their post, i.e., first aid kit, keys, note pad, pen etc
- Brief stewards and ensure that they fully understand their role and responsibilities, including emergency action procedure
- Ensure that stewards are courteous to spectators that they direct them to their allocated seats/areas and keep gangways, entrances, and emergency exits clear
- Always maintain vigilance and remember the spectators’ safety and security is of paramount importance. Never be complacent - only constant supervision will ensure the safety and security of spectators
- Liaise with the senior police officer in your zone (if there is a police presence) and work with the police to achieve the common objective of the safety and security of all supporters.
- Report any incidents that occur amongst spectators, including overcrowding, signs of distress, general disturbances, drunkenness, or any other behaviour likely to affect safety or public order to the Chief Steward and/or Event Control.
- De-brief all your stewards and ensure incident reports are submitted with details of accidents/injuries (including details of injuries to your staff), occurrences and any damage or defect likely to pose a threat to spectator safety.
- Hand in any incident reports to the Chief Steward and inform them of your availability for the next scheduled event, including any exceptional deficiencies in your staff expected for the next event.
- Return any equipment borrowed i.e. jacket and radio before completing your duty.
- Complete assessment reports on your staff as and when required.
- Attend supervisor's meetings as and when required.
Opening and locking of the halls to ensure the venue is ready for doors opening and then secured at the end.
- You are required to check fire exits are unlock and escape routes are not blocked or obstructed prior to show opening
- Act as the point of contact with the Event Manager and work with them to ensure that we deliver to their expectations
- Ensure all staff are fully briefed regarding the event (opening times of the show, car park arrangements, etc)
- Ensure the event organisers and your staff are fully versed in the venue's Health & Safety policy and that they know what to do and where to go in an evacuation
- Report any staffing issues to the staffing officer
- Look after your staff welfare whilst on shift
- You would need to be able to communicate with other stakeholders and venue departments effectively to ensure that we meet the event manager's expectations.
- Conduct safety sweeps of the hall once closed to make sure everyone has left, before handing the hall back to venue security.
- Ensure that staff can monitor and direct visitors to the correct areas, at times when the venue is being used for multiple events.
Essential Qualification / Experience:
- NVQ Level 2 in Spectator Safety
- Previous supervisory role in a similar environment
- NVQ Level 3 in Spectator Safety
- SIA Door Supervisor Licence
- First Aid at Work Qualification
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com