Post: Coventry Building Society Arena/Wasps and CCFC Casual Managers and Supervisors
Location: Coventry Building Society Arena, Coventry
Hourly Rate: Competitive
Contract: Casual Worker
Here at Coventry Building Society Arena, we are seeking Matchday Managers and Supervisors for all Wasps and CCFC Home fixtures, as well as other stadium-held events. We’re looking for Managers and Supervisors with previous stewarding experience who are looking to take an active role to ensure, as far as reasonably practicable, the safety of everyone attending events at Coventry Building Society Arena in accordance with the Safety Certificate terms and conditions and Arena Coventry Limited’s Policy Statement.
You will be enrolled as a casual worker on an event-by-event basis as required and whilst on shift will report to the Steward/SIA Managers or Safety Officer and will be responsible for the supervision of stewarding in a particular stand or area at each designated event.
Responsibilities will include:
- Commence duties at the time stipulated by the Safety Officer/Chief Steward. Equip yourself with your jacket, personal radio and attend the Safety Briefing.
- Check all your stewards are present, that they are correctly attired and smart in appearance.
- Ensure that all stewards are in possession of the Safety Handbook and have the necessary equipment for their post, i.e. first aid kit, keys etc.
- Brief stewards and ensure that they fully understand their role and responsibilities, including emergency action procedure.
- Ensure that stewards are courteous to spectators that they direct them to their allotted seats/areas and keep gangways, entrances and emergency exits clear.
- Maintain vigilance at all times and remember the spectators’ safety and security is of paramount importance. Never be complacent - only constant supervision will ensure the safety and security of spectators.
- Liaise with the senior police officer in your zone (if there is a police presence) and work with the police to achieve the common objective of the safety and security of all supporters.
- Report any incidents occurring amongst spectators, including overcrowding, signs of distress, general disturbances, drunkenness, or any other behaviour likely to affect safety or public order to the Chief Steward.
- De-brief all your stewards and ensure Incident Reports are submitted with details of accidents/injuries (including details of injuries to your staff), occurrences and any damage or defect likely to pose a threat to spectator safety.
- Hand in any Incident Report to the Chief Steward and inform him of your availability for the next scheduled event, including any exceptional deficiencies in your staff expected for the next event.
- Hand in your jacket and radio before completing your duty.
- Complete Assessment reports on your staff as and when required.
- Attend Supervisors meetings as and when required.
Qualification and Experience
- Experience of being a steward or response team member at major sporting and music events
- NVQ 2 or 3 in Spector Safety
- SIA Door Supervisor license
- First aid
How to apply:
If this role is for you please send through your CV along with a covering letter to stewardstaffing@CBSarena.co.uk
You will be provided with a further application to complete.