Title: Accreditation Liaison Officer
Contract Length 8 Months (January to August 2022)
Reports to: Operations Director
Hours of Work: Full Time, Shift/Rota
Summer 2022 will see a fantastic celebration of sport and culture when the Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, the largest event ever held in the West Midlands, takes place. We are looking for an Accreditation Liaison Officer to join us as we work to help make this event a huge success
To ensure the efficient operation of the venue prior to, during and post the event, the venue’s Accreditation Liaison Officer will work with the event organising team and venue operations/venue supply partners to ensure that all accreditation processes and plans are implemented and followed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct communication with the event organising team to understand and implement required processes and communicate venue specific detail.
- Identify and have responsibility for accreditation requirements to include venue staff, contractors, venue partners, tenants, and all associated deliveries.
- Plan, communicate and collate necessary processes and requirements to ensure venue operations continue in a safe and secure manner.
- Liaise with contractors once on site, (in conjunction with the event organising team), and the Venue Events Team to ensure accreditation is correct and functional.
- Liaison between all parties ensuring that planning and implementation is completed in a timely fashion.
- Develop venue operational frameworks in accordance with event organiser policies and procedures.
- Plan, manage and program venue supply requirements to include, but not exclusive to, a booking system, loading log, delivery sheets, secure vehicle framework, non-acceptance/rejection process, material removal.
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment and handle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work with, manage and influence numerous partners, stakeholders and venue suppliers
- Have a comprehension of supplier/contractor needs to successfully deliver in the given frameworks.
- Have accurate detailing, processing, and communication skills with an excellent IT skill base.
- Articulate and well organised.
- Demonstrate a professional approach which generates credibility and confidence.
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary organisation
- Be able to build relationships with partners, suppliers, tenants and key stakeholders.
- Identify and develop improvements to existing processes to reduce workload and improve efficiencies.
- Challenge information where necessary.
- A good communicator who can engage effectively with team members
- Embrace equality and diversity
- Possess a customer service ethic with a strong client and customer focus.
- Overcome obstacles to solve problems to achieve results
- Have flexibility to work outside normal office hours including weekends and public holidays
The successful applicant will have:
- Logistical administration experience
- Event planning and management with accreditation knowledge (advantageous).
- Knowledge and understanding of a multi-use venue, key operational details, and associated accreditation requirements (beneficial).
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a covering letter to recruitment@CBSarena.co.uk
Closing date: 21st January 2022